Clients also face uncertain regulations, ageing infrastructure, emerging transmission technologies and the evolving smart grid. In response, Veritas provides leadership and solutions. We respond to our clients’ needs for performance, reliability and value. Veritas brings our customers comprehensive Power Networks capabilities covering technologies and systems ranging from rural electrification to high voltage (HV) transmission to meet these challenges. Our services are applied globally to utility networks.
Our power network specialists deliver innovative solutions, resulting in performance optimization, on-time delivery, cost savings, and risk reductions:
- Integrating specialist expertise and experience to meet local customer needs.
- Expertise reinforced by all other power and industry sectors, enabling us to provide total and integrated energy solutions.
- Advisory services to support business decisions for investment, asset sales, financing transactions, and regulatory cases
OIL & GAS
VERITAS has extensive expertise in the oil and gas industry. Our experienced team has an in-depth understanding of the upstream, midstream and downstream industries. We appreciate the criticality of quality assurance and have an in-depth knowledge of international specifications and standards such as SANS, IEC, BSI, API, ASME, etc.
Power generation is evolving throughout the world, driven by emission issues, policy and transforming markets. An increased interest in generation alternatives, including renewable energy has developed and this brings new challenges around issues of deployment, technology, risk, price and integration. These challenges apply to small businesses with considerable electricity cost exposure; utilities struggling with changing portfolios or looking to reduce carbon emissions, or business simply looking to source cleaner energy.
Assessment, feasibility, delivery and operational expertise including business decision advice, permitting and planning, and plant asset management – adding value across the full renewable energy spectrum.
- Technologies – Our specialists’ expertise spans the renewable energy technologies spectrum
- including emerging industries:
- Solar (PV and CSP)
- Advising Governments on policy development, incentive programs and the focus of research
- Assessing large, regional scale renewable strategies across siting, technologies, interconnection,
- deployment and market constraints
- Financial assessment including services including IPP, off-take and connection agreements, including green certificates
- Engineering expertise including front end and detailed design across various elements of renewable
- Program and project management (PMC, EPCM)
- Integration of renewables into existing power plant portfolios
- Project feasibility studies, technology selections, optimizations and portfolio integrations
- Plant cost estimates and cost/benefit analyses
- Performance predictions, resource monitoring and mapping
- Specification preparation, contract negotiation and procurement
- Plant operations and maintenance
Veritas works extensively across the renewable energy industry for a wide range of customers. Our roles are diverse; we can offer solutions ranging from small, discrete consultancies to management of full project delivery.