As artificial intelligence and the internet of things move from concept to reality, technology companies in every segment semiconductors, software, hardware, internet services face difficult challenges and exciting opportunities.
We offer solutions in the following areas of technology:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Communications Infrastructure
Within the last few years the number of devices connected to the Internet exceeded the number of people on the planet some estimates placing the figure at over 10 billion Internet-connected objects. In coming years a growing number of things—food, furniture, livestock, buildings, clothing, medical devices and even entire cities—will be increasingly interconnected. While the Internet of Things (IoT) brings great convenience to daily life it is also creating significant and little explored security vulnerabilities that need to be carefully considered. As more devices and sensors get connected, we will see changes in business models across numerous sectors, precision marketing and advertising, and homes that are connected and automated. Companies, organizations and individuals need to begin preparing now for new vulnerabilities and threats resulting from the expansion of the interconnectivity that is at IoT’s core. As the number of networked objects grows exponentially, so too will data transmission and storage methods as well as the number of threats. Organizations of all types will need to understand threats not only to their own networks but also to other networks as interdependencies increase.
The Internet of Things (IoT)
As sensor prices continue to drop, we are on the cusp of an era where everything can be connected people, businesses, devices, and processes to each other. The melding of the physical and digital world brings every asset into a digital domain where software dominates. When an organization can understand its physical and digital asset inventory at any given moment, it can operate with precision previously unimaginable, paving the way for the ultimate lean enterprise. This will not be a nice-to-have differentiator, but an imperative for any digital business within the next decade. We offer solutions on the following:
1. Energy Data Management
3. Asset Tracking
Energy Data Management
Utilities Internet of things:
We’re making a positive socio-economic impact by improving utility efficiency and reducing wastage, by enabling utility ecosystem stakeholders to gather valuable information easily. Our solutions are delivering significant efficiencies and cost savings. Simplification and automation are enhancing business processes and providing better customer services.
Here’s how our utilities IoT solutions can value to your business:
- Identify potential problems in utility distribution equipment to prevent unplanned service issues.
- Determine patterns, trends and understand predictable behavior in older to drive efficiency.
- Derive critical insight into a customer’s utility usage from the data collated from your IoT asset.
- Provide businesses and residential customers with energy bills based on actual consumption.
Healthcare Internet of things:
With increasing demand, rising cost and pressure to innovate, the healthcare sector needs to adapt to maintain current levels of care. Our Veritas Internet of Things is supporting the delivery of quality healthcare in South Africa through innovative solutions which are becoming an integral part of patient care, thus helping to cut cost as well as save lives.
Here’s how our healthcare Internet of Things can add value to your business:
- Improve healthcare services by reducing cost and ensuring citizens receive the best care available.
- Our solutions enable patient screening, monitoring and reporting using connected health devices.
- Our healthcare solutions are all powered by our fixed and mobile infrastructure, saving you cost.
- Data analysis helps track trends and identify common health problems, risk and solutions.
Transport and Logistics Internet of things:
With our Veritas asset-tracking solutions, we can put back in control. We use a range of positioning technologies to enable you locate and track your assets in real time. Gaining this control over the safety of your people and assets helps you operate more efficiency, reduce theft, recover lost or stolen assets, as well as prevent accidents.
Here’s how out Transport and Logistics IoT solutions can add value to your business:
- Provide the peace of mind that your vehicles are never out of reach, even when they’re out of sight.
- Reduce the impact of carbon emissions by making better decisions to boost their efficiency.
- Enhance responsible diving using near real-time notifications of speed to prevent accidents.
- Manage distances, speeds and locations your vehicles travel through detailed reports.